Jonny's favourite colours are blue and red, his favourite food is pizza, and his favourite class is typing. When Jonny grows up he wants to be a Computers Engineer. Jonny joined our school in 2019 and he loves everything so far!
The Child Sponsorship Program (CSP) provides a private, quality, Christian education for the childeren of Guatemala enrolled in our school (Colegio Avivando El Fuego). Your support, combined with the support of other sponsors, allows us to provide Christ-centered education to families regardless of their socio-economic background. As a sponsor, you directly affect local families here in Guatemala in the following ways:
…children. In addition to excellent classes with high-quality curriculum, we provide extra assistance outside of class and additional tutoring to help students succeed.
…parents. We meet monthly with parents to partner in their children’s academic and social success, sharing with them a vision of Christ-centered parenting.
…development. We are training our students to be independent, community-minded leaders who are equipped with the intellectual skills and spiritual training to be influencers in the workplaces and ambassadors for the kingdom of God.
Your combined financial support of the ministry and your prayer commitment to your sponsor child partners with the big dreams that our staff have for our students – dreams that our kids will become passionate, Christ-followers who will influence Guatemala’s future.
You financial commitment of $38/month is combined with the support of our community of sponsors and donors to provide the following to every child that is enrolled in our school:
• A warm, nutritious breakfast at the start of each school day up to Grade 6 • Homeroom classes with a high level of academic excellence taught by teachers who are looking out for their students’ emotional and spiritual wellbeing • Specialty classes including English, Bible, Computers, Music, and Phys Ed • Monthly parent meetings • A Bible • 24-hour security on premises so children can learn in a safe and calm environment • A school administrative support team
For more information about how our sponsorships work, you can read the FAQ on our For Our Sponsors page.
When you sponsor a child, you’ll receive:
• a prayer card with a photo of your child and information about him or her
• three formal correspondences a year in tandem with our ministry newsletter mail-out
• daily prayer from our student body and your sponsor child
• contact information for our sponsor liaison and opportunity to be in greater contact with your sponsor child
Your relationship with your sponsor child can alter his or her life dramatically. We invite you to:
• pray regularly for the needs of your sponsor child and for God to bring him or her into deeper revelation of Him
• write to your child regularly (especially on their birthday!)
• meet your sponsor child on one of GSO’s short-term trips
• attend the graduation of your student when they come of age